1 large floury potato
1 x 15 ml spoon canned sweet corn
1 x 15ml spoon crushed canned pineapple (in natural juice)
3 x 15ml spoons low fat cottage cheese
Chives for garnish
Fork, plate, knife, small mixing bowl, 10ml spoon, serving plate.
- Pierce the potato with a fork several times, and place in the microwave on high for about 5 - 8 minutes until soft. (Microwave times will vary.)
- Drain the sweetcorn and crushed pineapple.
- Mix the sweetcorn, drained crushed pineapple and cottage cheese in the bowl.
- Once the potato is cooked, carefully split it open and add the filling.
- Decorate with snipped chives.
- Decorate with chopped herbs.
- Create a variety of fillings such as:
- Chopped cooked turkey, grated apple and cranberry sauce;
- Canned tuna, chopped peppers, spring onion, tomato and natural yogurt;
- Three bean salad and natural yoghurt;
- Ham and coleslaw;
- Grated cheese and baked beans;
- Diced cooked chicken, grated apple, celery, walnuts and curried mayonnaise.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?