The Food spoilage, hygiene and safety course has been specifically created for secondary school food teachers throughout the UK.
The course covers:
- Module 1: Food spoilage
- Module 2: Food poisoning
- Module 3: Food safety
- Module 4: Food preservation
- Module 5: How we use microorganisms
Each module includes a short test, providing you with feedback on your progress. On successful completion of a final assessment, a personalised certificate is created. (The final assessment may be repeated). The course will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete but does not have to be completed all at once. You can complete the course at your own pace – there is no time limit.
What will be covered?
- The online course focuses on food spoilage, food poisoning and food safety. In addition, it covers food preservation and how we use microorganisms.
- Links to Food – a fact of life resources are provided.
- Suggestions for further reading and sources of information, including a glossary of terms.
- Update knowledge to enhance teaching and learning about food spoilage, hygiene and safety.
- Signposts to free editable resources for use in the classroom will be highlighted.
- Sources of further support and information will be made available.
- A certificate of completion will be provided – useful as evidence for your professional development and performance management.
- The online course supports the Food teaching in primary and secondary schools: a framework of knowledge and skills – backed by government.
Please note: this comprehensive online course will support your teaching, learning and classroom practice. However, it is not an accredited course and will therefore not provide you with a certificated food hygiene and safety qualification.
Trainee and practising secondary teachers across the UK.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?