The Sensory science course has been specifically created for secondary school food teachers throughout the UK. It will help to provide a foundation upon which the GCSE/National 5 specifications may be taught. The course costs £45.
This course covers:
- Module 1: How we perceive food
- Module 2: The reason for sensory evaluation
- Module 3: Sensory tests
Each module includes a short test, providing you with feedback on your progress. On successful completion of a final assessment, a personalised certificate is created. (The final assessment may be repeated). The course will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete but does not have to be completed all at once. You can complete the course at your own pace – there is no time limit.
Note: To ensure that the complimentary places are used, any course that is not activated, or that is not completed within three months of initial registration, will be deleted to allow another teacher the opportunity to undertake the course.
- The online course focuses on how we perceive food, the reason for sensory evaluation and sensory tests.
- Links to Food – a fact of life resources and sensory test templates are provided.
- Suggestions for further reading and sources of information, including a glossary of terms.
- Update knowledge to enhance teaching and learning about sensory science.
- Signposts to free editable resources for use in the classroom will be highlighted.
- Sources of further support and information will be made available.
- A certificate of completion will be provided – useful as evidence for your professional development and performance management.
- The online course supports the Food teaching in primary and secondary schools: a framework of knowledge and skills – backed by government.
Trainee and practising secondary teachers across the UK.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?