The Sensory science course has been specifically created for secondary school food teachers throughout the UK. It will help to provide a foundation upon which the GCSE/National 5 specifications may be taught.
This course covers:
- Module 1: How we perceive food
- Module 2: The reason for sensory evaluation
- Module 3: Sensory tests
Each module includes a short test, providing you with feedback on your progress. On successful completion of a final assessment, a personalised certificate is created. (The final assessment may be repeated). The course will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete but does not have to be completed all at once. You can complete the course at your own pace – there is no time limit.
- The online course focuses on how we perceive food, the reason for sensory evaluation and sensory tests.
- Links to Food – a fact of life resources and sensory test templates are provided.
- Suggestions for further reading and sources of information, including a glossary of terms.
- Update knowledge to enhance teaching and learning about sensory science.
- Signposts to free editable resources for use in the classroom will be highlighted.
- Sources of further support and information will be made available.
- A certificate of completion will be provided – useful as evidence for your professional development and performance management.
- The online course supports the Food teaching in primary and secondary schools: a framework of knowledge and skills – backed by government.
Trainee and practising secondary teachers across the UK.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?