The aim of this session is for children to:
- recall that there are many types of pasta and pasta can be used to make different dishes;
- explain that we need to eat a food like pasta (starchy food) with each meal, e.g. potatoes, bread and rice;
- perform simple food skills with a focus on – cutting with scissors, measuring ingredients by spooning and mixing ingredients.
You will need
- Pleasing pasta recipe and the ingredients and equipment listed on the recipe
- Setting up a cooking session guide
- Pasta meal cards
- Get ready to cook cards
- Pleasing pasta take home letter
- Different types of uncooked pasta, e.g. green, wholemeal, spaghetti, fusilli (twists), macaroni (narrow tubes), penne (wide tubes), conchiglie (shells), farfalle (bows), lasagne sheets.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?