2 spring onions
4 x 15ml spoon sweetcorn (drained)
200g can mixed beans
1 small can tuna (in water)
200g of cooked bow-tie pasta (farfalle)
1 x 15ml spoon reduced fat dressing
A few sprigs of fresh coriander
Chopping board, kitchen scissors, measuring spoons, table knife, can opener, sieve, small basin, fork, mixing bowl, wooden spoon.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- snip the spring onions, using scissors;
- measure the sweetcorn;
- chop the cucumber into small pieces;
- open, drain and rinse the beans in a sieve over the sink.
2. Carefully open and drain the tuna. Place in a small basin and break up gently with a fork.
3. Place the vegetables, beans, tuna and pasta in a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour over the dressing.
5. Stir everything together.
6. Snip coriander over the salad, using scissors.
- Use different vegetables or fruit, e.g. French beans, mango.
- Add strips of cooked chicken, ham or beef.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?