100g pasta shapes
100g cooked sliced chicken
1 baby gem lettuce
2 x 15ml spoons low fat dressing
Weighing scales, saucepan, chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, grater, measuring spoons, tablespoon, colander, serving dish.
1. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, and then add the pasta. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes (check the packet instructions).
2. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the other ingredients:
- shred the lettuce;
- slice the tomato;
- chop the cucumber into small chunks;
- peel and grate the carrot.
3. Drain the boiling hot water away from the pasta into a colander in the sink. Cool the pasta by rinsing it under a cold tap for a few moments. Drain well.
4. Place the pasta in the serving dish and stir in 1x15ml spoon of dressing.
5. Assemble the remaining ingredients over the pasta in layers.
6. Lastly, drizzle over the remaining dressing.
- Vary the type of pasta and/or vegetables used.
- Why not add some fruit, seeds or nuts?
- Instead of cooked chicken, why not go for sliced ham, grated cheese, canned tuna, slices of boiled egg, or red kidney beans.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?