The aim of this session is for children to:
- recall that there are many types of pasta and pasta can be used to make different dishes;
- explain that we need to eat a food like pasta (starchy food) with each meal, e.g. potatoes, bread and rice;
- perform simple food skills with a focus on – cutting with scissors, measuring ingredients by spooning and mixing ingredients.
You will need
- Pleasing pasta recipe and the ingredients and equipment listed on the recipe
- Setting up a cooking session guide
- Pasta meal cards
- Get ready to cook cards
- Pleasing pasta take home letter
- Different types of uncooked pasta, e.g. green, wholemeal, spaghetti, fusilli (twists), macaroni (narrow tubes), penne (wide tubes), conchiglie (shells), farfalle (bows), lasagne sheets.
The guide for the Pleasing pasta guide.
A guide to support setting up a cooking session.
A set of cards showing different pasta meals.
A set of cards about getting ready to cook.
A letter for parents/carers about the Pleasing pasta session.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?