This learning area, which is one of the nine developed to support pupils with additional needs, supports pupil understanding about choice, preferences and occasions.
- People eat different food, drinks and meals according to the time of day, who they are, where they live, their culture, their personal preferences, and the meal occasion.
- The type of food and drink people choose depends on their likes and dislikes.
- There are many different festivals and events which are celebrated with food and drink.
- All the senses are used for tasting food, helping people to make choices.
To support learning, the following is available:
- an introductory guide, with activity ideas;
- stimulus materials, recipes and worksheets.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?