This learning area, which is one of the nine developed to support pupils with additional needs, supports pupil understanding about cooking, including food hygiene and safety.
- a range of ingredients can be used to make drinks, meals and snacks;
- storing, preparing and cooking food safely and hygienically are vital for health;
- recipes provide the steps needed to prepare and cook the ingredients to make a dish. They should be sequenced and in a logical order;
- a range of practical food skills can be used to feed ourselves and others well, independently or with support.
To support learning, the following is available:
- an introductory guide, with activity ideas;
- stimulus materials, activities and worksheets.
Practical food skills videos can be found here.
Peer-to-peer recipe videos, recipes adapted for pupils with additional needs and recipes using Widgit© Symbols can be found here.
Further recipes suitable for use in school can be found here. Recipes can be sorted by age group, food commodity, recipe complexity, recipe time, food skills or cooking method.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?