100g plain white flour
25g rolled oats
30g caster sugar
25g desiccated coconut
20ml spoon golden syrup
50g butter or soft baking spread
½ x 5ml spoon bicarbonate soda
10ml spoon boiling hot water
Baking tray, weighing scales, sieve, mixing bowl, saucepan, wooden spoon, 5 ml spoon, 15ml spoon, kettle, small bowl, spatula, palette knife, flour dredger, fork, oven gloves and cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC or gas mark 4.
- Grease or line the baking tray.
- Sift the flour into the mixing bowl.
- Mix in the coconut, oats, and sugar.
- Melt the golden syrup and fat together on a low heat in a small saucepan.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the boiling hot water and add to melted syrup and fat immediately.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 8 portions using the 15ml spoon.
- Use lightly floured hands to shape the biscuits into round balls and place onto the prepared baking tray.
- Slightly flatten the biscuits with a lightly floured fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on the baking tray for a few minutes, to allow the biscuits to firm, before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Try adding some dried fruit to the mixture.
- Use a kettle to get the boiling hot water for adding to the bicarbonate of soda.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?