100g plain flour
50g butter or baking fat/block
2 eating apples
Weighing scales, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, chopping board, knife, ovenproof dish or foil tray, baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 190°C or gas mark 5.
- Rub the fat into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the oats and sugar.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the core. Slice thinly.
- Arrange the apple slices in an oven proof/foil tray dish on a baking tray, and then add the sultanas.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple slices.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until the apples are soft and the crumble is golden.
- Add a little water to the apples.
- Be creative and experiment with other fruits, such as blackberries, apricots, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, plums or pears.
- You may wish to use canned apple or another type of canned or dried fruit.
- Try using wholemeal flour for the crumble topping or use muesli instead of oats.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?