40g butter or baking fat/block
150g wholemeal flour
2 x 5ml mixed herbs
2 leeks (small)
1 red pepper
1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
Weighing scales, mixing bowl, grater, wooden spoon, chopping board, knife, baking dish (approx. 20cm x 20cm), can opener.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Rub the fat into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Grate the cheese.
- Stir in the grated cheese, oats and 1 x 5 ml mixed herbs.
- Slice the leeks and red pepper.
- Quarter the mushrooms.
- Arrange the vegetables in a baking dish.
- Pour over the canned tomatoes and 1 x 5ml spoon mixed herbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until golden.
- Try different combinations of vegetables, such as sweetcorn or broccoli.
- Use different herbs to vary the flavour e.g. parsley or thyme.
- Be creative with your crumble topping. Try different types of cheese e.g. parmesan or feta or add crushed digestive biscuits instead of oats.
- Serve the crumble with a side salad.
- The baking dish gets hot so remember to wear oven gloves.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?