1/2 green chilli
1 clove garlic
1x15ml spoon coriander
1x10ml spoon oil
1 small chicken breast (or 3-4 thighs)
1/2 green pepper
25g cheddar cheese
1x15ml spoon guacamole (or salsa), optional
Chopping boards, knives, juice squeezer, garlic press, mixing bowl, grater, wok or saucepan, measuring spoon, 2 metal spoons, weighing scales.
1. Prepare the marinade:
- squeeze the lime;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- de-seed and slice the chilli;
- chop the coriander;
- stir everything together with the oil.
2. Remove any skin from the chicken and cut into strips, ideally using a red board. Thoroughly wash and dry hands after touching the raw meat. Mix with the marinade and place in the fridge, covered, until needed.
3. Prepare the remaining ingredients with a fresh knife on a clean chopping board:
- slice the onion and green pepper;
- chop the tomato;
- grate the cheese.
4. Add the marinated chicken to the wok or frying pan and stir-fry for about 4 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked.
5. Add the onion and green pepper and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Spread a little chicken in the centre of the tortilla, add some tomato, cheese and guacamole, then roll up.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave oven for 20 seconds.
- Go for extra vegetables for a vegetarian alternative.
- Other types of meat could be used, e.g. thin strips of beef or turkey.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?