150g chestnut mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1 x 15ml spoon olive oil
250g risotto rice
1 x 5ml spoon vegetable stock powder or 1 stock cube
1-1.5 litres water, boiling
1 x 15ml spoon parmesan
1 x 10ml spoon thyme
Chopping board, knife, garlic press, weighing scales, measuring spoons, frying pan, wooden spoon, kettle, measuring jug.
- Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and chop the onion;
- slice the mushrooms;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- grate the cheese;
- chop the thyme.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix the stock powder with the water.
- Add a little of the stock to the rice - a little at a time. Wait for the stock to be absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Continue adding the stock until the rice cooks – this will take 20-25 minutes. The rice should be soft, but still retain a nutty bite.
- Stir in the parmesan and thyme into the rice.
- Try using different ingredients, such as chicken, prawns or Mediterranean vegetables.
- Use different herbs and spices e.g. basil, parsley or chilli.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?