150g risotto rice
1 pork stock cube
1 x 5ml spoon grated parmesan
6 rashers lean sweet cure back bacon
100g green beans
1 x 5ml spoon oil
Knife, chopping board, weighing scales, measuring spoon, mixing spoon, measuring jug, kettle.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
• peel and chop the onion;
• chop the bacon into large chunks;
• slice the mushrooms;
• chop the green beans in half.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the bacon and onion together.
3. Add the mushrooms and green beans and fry for another 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the rice.
5. Make up the stock.
6. Add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the rice to absorb the stock before adding any more liquid.
7. Continue adding the stock until the rice is cooked – this will take 20-25 minutes. The rice should be soft, but still retain a nutty bite.
8. Finally, stir in the parmesan cheese and a few twists of black pepper into the rice.
• Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top with rocket leaves to serve.
• Remember to keep adding liquid otherwise the rice will not cook, never let a risotto boil dry.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?