1/2 red pepper
1 x 10ml spoon oil
150g long grain rice
550ml water, boiling
1 x 5ml spoon vegetable stock powder or 1 stock cube
1 x 10ml spoon curry powder
Chopping board, knife, saucepan, wooden spoon, weighing scales, measuring jug, measuring spoons.
- Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and chop the onion;
- slice the mushrooms;
- dice the red pepper;
- chop the tomato.
- Fry the onion in oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix the stock powder with the water.
- Add the stock, peas and curry powder.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- To serve place the rice in a bowl and sprinkle the chopped tomato on top.
- Try different vegetables such as sweetcorn or frozen mixed vegetables.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?