150g cold cooked rice
1/2 green pepper, deseeded
1/2 orange pepper, deseeded
4 x dried apricots
100g canned red kidney beans, drained
1 x 15ml spoon fresh coriander
1 x 15ml spoon low fat dressing
Mixing bowl, chopping board, kitchen scissors, measuring spoon, mixing spoon.
- Place the rice into the mixing bowl.
- Cut the peppers and apricots into small pieces, using the kitchen scissors.
- Add these to the mixing bowl.
- Mix in the beans.
- Snip the coriander and sprinkle into the bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and mix the ingredients.
- Mix everything together.
- Add different fruit and vegetables such as raisins, grated carrot, tomatoes or cucumber.
- Use cooked pasta or potatoes rather than rice.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?