½ yellow pepper
1 spring onion
30g hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar, Edam, Gruyere
2 slices bread (or a bagel or a piece of French stick sliced in half)
2 x 15ml spoons tomato pizza sauce
½ x 5ml spoon mixed herbs
Chopping board, knife, grater, fish slice, measuring spoons, spoon.
- Preheat the grill.
- Slice the pepper, spring onion and mushroom.
- Grate the cheese.
- Place the bread under the grill and toast one side.
- Remove the bread from the grill and place on the chopping board uncooked side-up.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the bread using the back of the spoon.
- Arrange the pepper, mushroom and onion over the slices.
- Place under the grill until the cheese bubbles.
- Why not add cooked chicken or canned tuna?
- Add a spoon of pickle or chutney for extra bite.
- Try different types of cheese or different toppings, e.g. tuna and sweetcorn, sliced tomatoes, olives, pesto.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?