½ yellow pepper
1 spring onion
30g hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar, Edam, Gruyere
2 slices bread (or a bagel or a piece of French stick sliced in half)
2 x 15ml spoons tomato pizza sauce
½ x 5ml spoon mixed herbs
Chopping board, knife, grater, fish slice, measuring spoons, spoon.
- Preheat the grill.
- Slice the pepper, spring onion and mushroom.
- Grate the cheese.
- Place the bread under the grill and toast one side.
- Remove the bread from the grill and place on the chopping board uncooked side-up.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the bread using the back of the spoon.
- Arrange the pepper, mushroom and onion over the slices.
- Place under the grill until the cheese bubbles.
- Why not add cooked chicken or canned tuna?
- Add a spoon of pickle or chutney for extra bite.
- Try different types of cheese or different toppings, e.g. tuna and sweetcorn, sliced tomatoes, olives, pesto.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?