150g self-raising flour
25g butter or baking fat/block
25g tomato pizza sauce
½ an onion
50g Cheddar cheese
1 x 5ml spoon mixed dried herbs
Baking tray, weighing scales, mixing bowl, sieve, small bowl, fork, measuring jug, wooden spoon, flour dredger, rolling pin, sharp knife, chopping board, measuring spoons, grater, oven gloves, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6. Grease or line a baking tray.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Rub the fat into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a small bowl with a fork.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour. Mix to form a soft dough ball.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to form a rectangle.
- Slice the tomato.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Spread the tomato pizza sauce over the dough and scatter on the onion, tomatoes and mushrooms. Leave a 2cm gap around the edges.
- Grate the cheese.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and herbs on top.
- Roll up from the long end sealing the filling inside.
- Cut into 4cm slices.
- Place flat on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- After baking, place on a cooling rack.
- Why not add some different fillings? Try slices of ham, spinach, chopped black and green olives, capers, tuna or sweetcorn.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?