500g strong white flour
1 x 5ml spoon salt
1 x 7g packet fast action dried yeast
300ml warm water
1 x 15ml spoon oil
1 small jar tomato pizza sauce
A handful of fresh basil
1 x small ball mozzarella cheese
6 slices of pepperoni
Weighing scales, baking trays, mixing bowl, sieve, measuring spoons, measuring jug, flour dredger, rolling pin, spreading knife, sharp knife, chopping board, palette knife.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC or gas mark 6.
- Grease or line two baking trays.
- Sift together the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the yeast.
- Add the oil and enough warm water to mix into a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes on a lightly floured work surface.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover and allow to prove for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out and shape the dough into two round disks.
- Place the dough bases onto baking trays.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the base.
- Slice the mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the slices of cheese over the tomato sauce.
- Place the pepperoni over the cheese.
- Chop the basil and sprinkle over the pizza.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- You may wish to make a calzone, which is a folded pizza. Roll and shape the dough into a round disk. Rest half of the dough base on a greased baking tray. Place the sauce, toppings and cheese on half of base (which is on the tray). Brush water around the edge of the circle. Fold over the remaining half to form a semi-circle. Fold back the edges with your fingers and place in a pre-heated oven.
- Try different combinations of toppings, including plenty of vegetables, e.g. spinach, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?