150g plain flour
100g butter or baking fat/block
50g caster sugar
Weighing scales, mixing bowl, flour dredger, rolling pin, pallete knife, baking tray, knife, fork, oven gloves, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or gas mark 3.
- Place the flour, sugar and fat into the bowl.
- Rub together firmly using your hands until the mixture forms a ball.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll out the shortbread into a circle.
- Transfer onto the baking tray.
- Mark the shortbread into 8 pieces, prick with a fork and crimp the edges.
- Wearing oven gloves, place the baking tray into a hot oven.
- Bake the shortbread for 10 - 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Wearing oven gloves, remove the shortbread from the oven. Allow to cool and then place onto a cooling rack.
- Add the zest of a lemon, lime or orange for an extra twist.
- Why not add some dried fruit or spice?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?