1 head broccoli
50g baby sweetcorn, optional
50g mange tout, optional
Chopping board, vegetable peeler, knife, steamer or saucepan, colander, plate.
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Peel and slice the carrots into rounds.
- Remove the green leaves and hard stalk from the broccoli and cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Place all the vegetables into a steamer or in a colander over a saucepan of boiling water with a plate over the top.
- Allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Vary the selection of vegetables to give a colourful mix at any time of the year.
- Use a mixture of fresh, frozen and canned vegetables for variety.
- Check out which vegetables are in season.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?