1 head broccoli
50g baby sweetcorn, optional
50g mange tout, optional
Chopping board, vegetable peeler, knife, steamer or saucepan, colander, plate.
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Peel and slice the carrots into rounds.
- Remove the green leaves and hard stalk from the broccoli and cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Place all the vegetables into a steamer or in a colander over a saucepan of boiling water with a plate over the top.
- Allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Vary the selection of vegetables to give a colourful mix at any time of the year.
- Use a mixture of fresh, frozen and canned vegetables for variety.
- Check out which vegetables are in season.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?