150g dried noodles
2 spring onions
1x15ml spoon reduced salt soy sauce/fish sauce
½ 5ml spoon sesame seeds (optional)
Saucepan, colander, chopping board, knife, wok/large pan, measuring spoons, wooden spoon.
- Cook the noodles as instructed on the packaging. Drain.
- Top and tail the spring onion and slice into rings.
- Heat the oil in wok/large pan.
- Add the noodles, onion and beansprouts.
- Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soy/fish sauce.
- Serve – garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
- You may wish to eat your noodles plain. If so, just cook as instructed on the packaging.
- Add extra vegetables to create a noodle main meal, e.g. frozen peas, canned sweetcorn, sliced mushrooms, chopped red pepper.
- You may wish to toast the sesame seeds.
- Note – some people may be allergic to sesame seeds. Always check before serving the dish to someone else.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?