8 x strawberries
6 x peach slices (canned in juice, drained)
40g porridge oats
150g low fat natural yogurt
Kitchen scales, chopping board, table knife, fork, plate, 2 x spoons, 2 x 250ml transparent plastic cups, 2 x food bags.
- Hull and then slice the strawberries.
- Chop the peaches.
- Spoon ¼ of the oats into each cup.
- Spoon ¼ of the yogurt into each cup.
- Put six slices of strawberry to one side (to add to the cups at the end).
- Divide the remaining strawberries between the two cups.
- Share the rest of the oats between the two cups.
- Divide the sultanas between the two cups.
- Share the peaches between the two cups.
- Divide the remaining yogurt between the two cups.
- Top the cups with the six slices of strawberry set aside earlier.
- Place each cup in a food bag and tie the top. (The food bags will help prevent spillage should the cups tip over.)
- Place the cups in a fridge overnight.
- The next day, stir the cups so the layers are mixed and enjoy!
- Try other types of yogurt.
- Experiment with different fruit, e.g. pears, apricots, pineapple.
- Try frozen fruit, e.g. berries, pomegranate.
- Add a small pinch of cinnamon to the sultanas.
- Try layering the ingredients in different ways.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?