½ chilli (red or green)
125g lamb or beef mince
1 x 5ml spoon curry powder
60g peas (frozen)
2-3 x 15ml spoon water
4 x sheets Filo pastry
Oil (for brushing)
Baking tray, chopping board, knife, weighing scale, frying pan, measuring spoons, pastry brush, oven gloves.
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C or gas mark 6.
2. Line or grease a baking tray.
3. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and chop the onion;
- de-seed and chop the chilli.
4. Fry the onion and chilli, with some spray oil, in a frying pan for 3-4 minutes.
5. Stir in the meat, ensuring no lumps, and cook until brown and there is no pink showing.
6. Stir in the curry powder, peas and water.
7. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5-8 minutes, then allow to cool.
8. Cut the filo pastry sheets in half (lengthways).
9. Take 1 sheet and brush its edges with oil.
10.Place a 1 x 15ml spoon of the mixture in the bottom left-hand corner.
11.Fold the bottom right-hand corner over the mixture to form a triangle.
12.Fold the bottom left corner up towards the top edge to create another triangle.
13.Repeat this process until all of the pastry has been folded and you have a triangular parcel.
14.Repeat the process with the remaining filo pastry and filling.
15.Place the samosas on a baking tray and brush with a little oil.
16.Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden-brown and crisp.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?