2 spring onions
1 clove of garlic
½ red chilli
2.5cm root ginger
1 whole lime
400g stir fry vegetables, e.g. beansprouts, red pepper, sweetcorn, mushrooms or broccoli
150g quick cook noodles or 1 packet ‘Ready to wok’ noodles
200g stir fry beef strips or rump steak
2 x 5ml soy sauce (reduced salt)
Vegetable knife, chopping board, garlic crusher, grater, zester, juicer, saucepan, colander, wok or frying pan, wooden spoon.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- trim and slice the spring onions;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- deseed the chilli and finely dice (thoroughly wash hands after touching the chilli);
- peel and grate the root ginger;
- zest and juice the lime;
- trim, deseed, slice or dice any additional ingredients.
2. If using dried noodles, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles for the stated time. Carefully drain into the sink.
3. Heat the spray oil in the wok or frying pan and add the garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute, but do not allow the garlic to burn.
4. Add the beef strips and brown the meat all over on a high heat; this should take about 2 -3 minutes. Thoroughly wash and dry hands if touched raw meat.
5. Add the spring onion, chilli, ginger, soy sauce and vegetables to the pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked noodles and stir through.
6. Add the lime juice and serve sprinkled with lime zest.
- Serve the meat and vegetables in a large lettuce leaf as an alternative to using noodles.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?