450g lean lamb mince
1 garlic clove
4 x 15ml spoon flat-leaf parsley or coriander
125g Feta cheese, roughly crumbled
½ x 5ml spoon ground paprika
1 x 5ml spoon ground allspice
½ x 5ml spoon cumin powder
Freshly ground black pepper
Large mixing bowl, garlic crusher, green chopping board, lemon zester or grater, measuring spoons, mixing spoon, grill tray lined with foil, fish slice or tongs.
1. Place the lamb mince in a large mixing bowl.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
- crush the garlic;
- chop the parsley;
- crumble the Feta cheese;
- zest the lemon.
3. Add the prepared ingredients to the lamb along with the paprika, allspice and cumin.
4. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Stir the mixture well.
6. Divide the mixture into four balls. Flatten and shape into a burger.
7. Place burgers onto a grill tray. Wash hands thoroughly after touching the raw meat.
8. Cook burgers under a preheated grill for 6-8 minutes.
9. Turn the burgers over and cook for another 6-8 minutes.
10. Ensure burgers are cooked throughout and no pink remains.
- Serve in a brioche bun with a cucumber salsa and green salad
- Alternatively, try toasted soda bread or sliced granary French stick
- Leave out the Feta cheese for a lower fat dish
- If time allows, refrigerate burgers for 30 minutes before cooking.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?