2 large waxy potatoes
1 medium onion
1 large carrot
1 large cooking apple
1 medium courgette
1 x 15ml spoon curry powder
2 x 15 ml spoons tomato purée
2 x 15ml spoons of Basmati rice
400g canned tomatoes
700ml beef stock (1 stock cube and boiling water)
Vegetable peeler, knife, chopping board, saucepan, measuring spoons, wooden spoon, can opener, measuring jug, pot stand.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and dice the potatoes;
- peel and dice the onion;
- peel and dice the carrot;
- peel and dice the apple;
- peel and dice the courgette.
2. Fry the potatoes, onion, carrot, apple and courgette in a few sprays of the oil for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the curry powder, tomato purée, rice, canned tomatoes and beef stock.
4. Bring to boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Soups can be garnished in a variety of ways, e.g. a sprig of parsley, or a dollop of natural yogurt.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?