1 clove garlic
1x15ml spoon oil
2 x 400g canned chopped tomatoes
handful of fresh basil
Knife, chopping board, garlic press, measuring spoons, saucepan, wooden spoon, saucepan.
- Peel and chop the onion and peel and crush the garlic.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and tear in the basil leaves.
- Add a few twists of black pepper, then allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes (longer if possible).
You may wish to serve the tomato ragu with pasta if so:
- after 15 minutes, put a large saucepan of water on to boil. When rapidly boiling, add the pasta and cook for around 10 minutes until al dente;
- mix the cooked pasta and tomato sauce together.
- Use dried herbs if you do not have fresh.
- Add ½ red chilli, for a sauce with a kick.
- Add 75g mushrooms and 75g courgette, after stage 2, for a simple veggie sauce.
- Add and brown 200g minced beef after stage 2 for a simple meat sauce.
- Stir-in black olives and tuna.
- Pour the basic sauce over white fish, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?