30g hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar, Edam, Gruyere
2 slices bread, preferably wholegrain
1 slice ham
Chopping board, grater, knife, fish slice.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grate cheese on a chopping board – divide into 3.
- Slice the tomato.
- Place the slices of bread on the chopping board.
- Lay the ham over one slice of bread.
- Arrange the tomato over the other slice of bread.
- Sprinkle a portion of cheese over both slices of bread.
- Place the sandwich under the hot grill.
- When the cheese is bubbling hot, remove from the grill.
- Press the 2 slices of bread together, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Place under the grill until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Use different types of bread, e.g. ciabatta, bagel, wholemeal loaf.
- Try adding different varieties of cheese, e.g. Mozzarella, Cheddar, Edam, Brie.
- Go for fruit and vegetables e.g. mushrooms, pineapple, peppers.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?