Main filling, e.g. cheese, ham, egg, hummus
3 slices of wholemeal bread
Butter or soft spread
2 lettuce leaves
Knife, spreading knife, chopping board, spoon, serving plate.
- Spread the slices of bread with the butter or soft spread.
- Place lettuce on a chopping board and shred into thin strips with a sharp knife.
- Slice the tomato.
- Place the filling on top of 1 slice of bread. Cover with half the shredded lettuce.
- Top with a second slice of bread.
- Place the remaining lettuce and sliced tomato on top.
- Finish by topping with the third slice of bread.
- Cut the sandwich in half.
- Serve on a plate.
- Remember to wash and dry all vegetables before preparing them.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?