2 wholemeal or white pitta breads
3 lettuce leaves
Half a yellow pepper, deseeded
Quarter of a cucumber
100g cooked chicken
4 x 5ml spoon chutney
Sharp knife, chopping board, measuring spoons, serving plate.
- Cut the pittas in half across the middle and open them to form pockets.
- Shred the lettuce on the chopping board.
- Cut the yellow pepper into thin strips.
- Slice the cucumber.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips on the chopping board.
- Place the lettuce inside the pittas.
- Holding the pitta pocket in your hand, place a few strips of yellow pepper, cucumber slices and chicken strips on to the shredded lettuce.
- Spoon in a small amount of chutney on top.
- Repeat to make another 3 pockets. Serve on a plate.
- You may wish to heat the pitta breads under the grill for 1-2 minutes before cutting them in half. This will make them easier to open.
- Take care when cutting open the pittas, as they will be hot and steamy.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?