2 wholemeal or white pitta breads
3 lettuce leaves
Half a yellow pepper, deseeded
Quarter of a cucumber
100g cooked chicken
4 x 5ml spoon chutney
Sharp knife, chopping board, measuring spoons, serving plate.
- Cut the pittas in half across the middle and open them to form pockets.
- Shred the lettuce on the chopping board.
- Cut the yellow pepper into thin strips.
- Slice the cucumber.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips on the chopping board.
- Place the lettuce inside the pittas.
- Holding the pitta pocket in your hand, place a few strips of yellow pepper, cucumber slices and chicken strips on to the shredded lettuce.
- Spoon in a small amount of chutney on top.
- Repeat to make another 3 pockets. Serve on a plate.
- You may wish to heat the pitta breads under the grill for 1-2 minutes before cutting them in half. This will make them easier to open.
- Take care when cutting open the pittas, as they will be hot and steamy.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?