½ a courgette
1 piece of fresh fish e.g. salmon (approx 200g)
25 g cheddar cheese
1 spring onion
½ slice bread e.g. granary
1 x 5ml dried mixed herbs
Chopping board, knife, peeler, oven proof/foil dish, baking tray ,food processor, grater, spoon, oven gloves, weighing scales.
- Preheat the oven to 200c or gas mark 6.
- Top and tail the carrot and courgette, then run the vegetable peeler lengthways along each vegetable to make ribbons. Place an oven proof dish or foil tray on a baking tray and place the vegetable ribbons in the bottom.
- Lay the fish on top of the vegetables.
- Grate the cheese.
- Put spring onion and bread into the food processor and blitz until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the cheese, herbs and a few twists of black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the fish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Use different types of vegetables and/or fish.
- Mix ready cooked pasta or rice with the vegetables for a complete meal.
- Try different herbs and spices e.g. basil, coriander, ginger or chilli.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?