150g butter or soft baking spread
2 x 5ml cinnamon
2 x 5ml baking powder
2 large eggs
50g nuts (optional)
Chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, grater, measuring spoons, weighing scales, small bowl, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, sieve, muffin tray, 12 muffin cases, 2 large spoons, fork.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Place the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Melt the fat in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Top and tail, and then peel and grate the carrots.
- Combine the carrots, sugar and melted fat in the mixing bowl.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and then add to the mixture.
- Mix in the sultanas and nuts.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases using 2 spoons.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- When the mini-carrot cakes are cool, you may wish to make a cream cheese topping. Combine 50g reduced fat cream cheese and 25g icing sugar together.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?