150g butter or soft baking spread
2 x 5ml cinnamon
2 x 5ml baking powder
2 large eggs
50g nuts (optional)
Chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, grater, measuring spoons, weighing scales, small bowl, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, sieve, muffin tray, 12 muffin cases, 2 large spoons, fork.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Place the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Melt the fat in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Top and tail, and then peel and grate the carrots.
- Combine the carrots, sugar and melted fat in the mixing bowl.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and then add to the mixture.
- Mix in the sultanas and nuts.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases using 2 spoons.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- When the mini-carrot cakes are cool, you may wish to make a cream cheese topping. Combine 50g reduced fat cream cheese and 25g icing sugar together.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?