3 medium potatoes
1/4 Savoy cabbage
250g lean minced lamb
1 x 15ml spoon plain flour
1 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
1 x 15ml spoon Worcestershire sauce
300ml water, boiling
1 stock cube
150ml semi-skimmed milk
Chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, weighing scales, saucepan, non-stick frying pan, wooden spoon, measuring spoons, kettle, measuring jug, colander, potato masher, ovenproof dish or foil tray, baking tray.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
2. Prepare the vegetables:
- chop the onion;
- peel and dice the carrots;
- peel and cut the potatoes into chunks;
- shred the cabbage.
3. Place the potatoes in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, until soft.
4. Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the lamb with the onion and carrots, until the mince is browned.
5. Stir in the flour, tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Add the stock cube to the water to make up the stock.
7. Add the stock to the meat mixture, bring to the boil and the simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
8. During the last 5 minutes of cooking the potatoes add the cabbage.
9. Drain the potatoes and mash with the milk.
10. Spread the meat mixture into an ovenproof dish and spoon the mash over the top.
11. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown, or take home and cook in the oven for this amount of time.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?