175ml water, boiling
1 vegetable stock cube
1 medium tomato
1 spring onion
½ yellow pepper
4 dried apricots
1 x 15ml spoon parsley
2 x 15ml spoons low fat dressing
Kettle, measuring jug, measuring spoons, weighing scales, large bowl, fork, chopping board, sharp knife, can opener, scissors, mixing spoon.
- Make up the stock by dissolving the stock cube in the boiling water.
- Pour the stock over the couscous in a large bowl.
- Fluff with a fork and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Chop the tomato and cucumber into small chunks.
- Slice the pepper into small strips.
- Slice the dried apricots and parsley into small pieces.
- Add all the vegetables to the couscous and snip the spring onions into the bowl using the scissors.
- Stir everything together.
- Add the dressing.
- Vary the vegetables in the couscous dish, e.g. use celery, sweetcorn, peas, olives or mushrooms.
- Try adding some chickpeas, chopped cooked chicken, ham, tuna or chunks of feta cheese.
- Use flaked almonds or raisins instead of the dried apricots.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?