1 celery stick
1x 10ml spoon oil
1 stock cube and 600ml boiling water
1 x 15ml spoon coriander
Chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, measuring spoons, saucepan, measuring jug.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and chop the onion;
- top and tail, peel and dice the carrot;
- top and tail, then slice the leek;
- peel and cube the potato;
- slice the celery;
- chop the coriander.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry all the vegetables, except the potatoes, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Add the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve
- Try using a sweet potato.
- Vary the types of vegetables used depending on what is in season.
- Add canned or frozen sweetcorn or a can of beans.
- If you have a blender, blend the soup.
- Try adding different herbs and spices.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?