1 celery stick
1x 10ml spoon oil
1 stock cube and 600ml boiling water
1 x 15ml spoon coriander
Chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, measuring spoons, saucepan, measuring jug.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and chop the onion;
- top and tail, peel and dice the carrot;
- top and tail, then slice the leek;
- peel and cube the potato;
- slice the celery;
- chop the coriander.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry all the vegetables, except the potatoes, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Add the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve
- Try using a sweet potato.
- Vary the types of vegetables used depending on what is in season.
- Add canned or frozen sweetcorn or a can of beans.
- If you have a blender, blend the soup.
- Try adding different herbs and spices.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?