1 x can chopped tomatoes (400g)
1 stock cube
1/2 x 5ml spoon dried chilli flakes
1 x 15ml spoon tomato puree
Chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, saucepan, can opener, measuring spoons, wooden spoon, liquidiser/blender, ladle.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and slice the onion;
- top and tail, peel and slice the carrot;
- peel and cut the potato into 8.
2. Put all the ingredients into a saucepan.
3. Stir everything together, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Ladle the mixture into the liquidiser and blend until smooth.
- Place a cloth over the liquidiser to prevent any soup from splashing out.
- Use a range of different vegetables, e.g. leeks, peppers, mushrooms.
- Serve with wholegrain bread.
- Use different herbs and spices, e.g. basil, mixed herbs, paprika.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?