1 clove of garlic
1 rasher of bacon
1 stick of celery
1 stock cube and 800ml boiling water
1 x 5ml mixed herbs
25g small pasta shapes or broken spaghetti
Garlic press, 2 chopping boards, 2 knives, measuring spoons, saucepan, peeler, wooden spoon, measuring jug.
1. Prepare the vegetables and bacon:
- peel and crush the garlic and shred the cabbage;
- peel and chop the onion;
- chop the bacon, with a clean knife on a clean red chopping board.
2. Fry the onion, garlic and bacon in the oil for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the potato, celery and carrot.
4. Add the boiling water to the pan and the stock cube.
5. Stir in the finely shredded cabbage and sliced tomato.
6. Add the mixed herbs and black pepper, bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add the pasta and allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Try different types of vegetables – use what is in season.
- Add 2 x 15ml spoons of cannellini beans.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?