3 x thick slices of bread
1 x 100g canned tuna fish in spring water
1 spring onion
1 x 15 ml spoon canned sweetcorn
1 x 15ml spoon low fat mayonnaise
Chopping board, cutters, non-stick patty tin, oven gloves, mixing bowl, kitchen scissors, measuring spoons, 2 dessert spoons, large plate.
- Preheat oven to 200oC or gas mark 6.
- Place the bread on the chopping board.
- Cut out 2 circles from each slice of bread, using the cutter.
- Press the circles in the patty tin.
- Put the patty tin in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Whilst the bread is in the oven, open, drain and tip the tuna into the mixing bowl.
- Snip the spring onion onto the tuna.
- Add the sweetcorn.
- Add the mayonnaise.
- Stir the ingredients together, and put the bowl to one side.
- Remove the patty tin from the oven.
- Allow to cool slightly and scoop out the bread cases with a spoon and put them on the plate.
- Spoon the tuna mixture equally into each bread ‘tart’.
- Use oven gloves when putting food in, and taking food out of, the oven.
- Serve as a snack, or with different salads to make a tasty lunch.
- Try adding grated cucumber.
- Swap the tuna and chives for canned salmon and dil.
- Fill the tarts with hummus or a cheese and chive mixture instead of the tuna.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?