3 x thick slices of bread
1 x 100g canned tuna fish in spring water
1 spring onion
1 x 15 ml spoon canned sweetcorn
1 x 15ml spoon low fat mayonnaise
Chopping board, cutters, non-stick patty tin, oven gloves, mixing bowl, kitchen scissors, measuring spoons, 2 dessert spoons, large plate.
- Preheat oven to 200oC or gas mark 6.
- Place the bread on the chopping board.
- Cut out 2 circles from each slice of bread, using the cutter.
- Press the circles in the patty tin.
- Put the patty tin in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Whilst the bread is in the oven, open, drain and tip the tuna into the mixing bowl.
- Snip the spring onion onto the tuna.
- Add the sweetcorn.
- Add the mayonnaise.
- Stir the ingredients together, and put the bowl to one side.
- Remove the patty tin from the oven.
- Allow to cool slightly and scoop out the bread cases with a spoon and put them on the plate.
- Spoon the tuna mixture equally into each bread ‘tart’.
- Use oven gloves when putting food in, and taking food out of, the oven.
- Serve as a snack, or with different salads to make a tasty lunch.
- Try adding grated cucumber.
- Swap the tuna and chives for canned salmon and dil.
- Fill the tarts with hummus or a cheese and chive mixture instead of the tuna.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?