1 x 400g can chickpeas
1 clove of garlic
3 x 15ml spoons tahini
3 - 4 x 15ml spoons water
Sieve, blender, sharp knife, chopping board, lemon squeezer, measuring spoons, garlic press, spatula, can opener, serving dish.
- Drain the chickpeas and place into the blender.
- Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the blender.
- Peel the garlic and add to the blender along with the tahini.
- Place the lid on the blender and switch on for 15 - 20 seconds.
- Turn the blender off. Use a spatula to move the chickpeas away from the edge of the blender. Add 1x15ml spoon of water.
- Place the lid on the blender and switch on for 15-20 seconds.
- Repeat stages 5-6 until a smooth paste is produced.
- Tahini paste contains sesame seeds. Check to make sure no one is allergic to them.
- Always get help from an adult when using a blender.
- Serve with slices of wholemeal pitta bread or carrot sticks.
- Swap the lemon for a lime, or add more garlic for extra punch! You could also try adding fresh herbs, e.g. coriander, parsley or basil.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?