1 yellow pepper
8 cherry tomatoes
8 button mushrooms
For the marinade
2 x 5ml spoons of soy sauce
2 x 5ml spoons oil
2 x 5ml spoons honey
½ x 5ml spoon of mixed herbs
Small bowl, measuring spoons, chopping board, sharp knife, pastry brush, plate, 4 kebab sticks, tongs, oven gloves.
- Place all of the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl a gently mix together. Leave to one side.
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the pepper into quarters, and then cut each quarter in half to make eight pieces. Discard any seeds.
- Top and tail the courgette then cut in half. Cut each half into half again to make four pieces of courgette. Then cut each piece in half again to make eight pieces of courgette that are all the same size.
- Place the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes on a plate.
- Take a kebab stick and carefully thread a tomato on to the stick. Then thread a piece of pepper on to the stick, followed by a mushroom, and then a piece of courgette.
- Repeat the above step so you have eight vegetable pieces on the kebab stick.
- Make the other three vegetable kebabs by repeating steps 6 and 7.
- Brush the vegetable kebabs with the marinade.
- Place the kebabs under a pre-heated grill, turning occasionally with tongs until they are golden brown.
- Pre-soak the kebab sticks to stop them burning under the grill.
- Try using other vegetables such as aubergine, red onion or red pepper.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?