150g butter, softened
100g demerara sugar
200g rolled oats
90ml unsweetened apple juice
1 orange, zest only
20cm square cake tin, spoon, bowl, knife, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C, Gas Mark 4 and grease a 20cm square cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then work in the oats and add the apple juice, orange zest and raisins.
- Tip into the prepared tin and spread evenly and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before marking into squares.
- Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
Store in an airtight tin.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?