1 small wholemeal baguette
50g butter or soft spread
2 cloves of garlic
15ml spoon fresh parsley
Garlic press, chopping board, sharp knife, small bowl, mixing spoon, bread knife, spreading knife, foil.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Chop the fresh parsley.
- Mix the fat, garlic and parsley together in a small bowl.
- Cut the baguette into slices.
- Spread the garlic butter onto each slice.
- Wrap the baguette in foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Peel foil back and bake for a further 5 minutes until crunchy.
- Use a plant based spread (such as olive oil or sunflower spread) - it is lower in saturated fat than butter.
- Try wraps, rolls, naan or pitta bread for a change.
- Bread can be kept in the freezer to keep it fresh for longer.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?