60ml semi-skimmed milk
200g strong flour
1x5ml spoon baking powder
½ sachet instant yeast
1x15ml spoon low fat plain yogurt
Measuring jug, saucepan, sieve, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, baking tray, rolling pin, cooling rack.
- Warm the milk (either in a saucepan or microwave).
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in the yeast.
- Add the yogurt, oil and warm milk.
- Mix into a soft dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough to prove (rise) for around 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C or gas mark 8.
- Place the baking tray in the oven to warm.
- Knead the dough and divide into 4.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a ‘tear’ shape (oval).
- Cook the naans on the heated tray for 3-4 minutes, until puffed up and brown.
- To make them extra special, brush the naans with a low fat spread and sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds before baking.
- Flaked almonds, dried fruit, coconut and spices could be added to the naan mix before baking.
- Make a meal out of your naan. Once baked, stuff with your favourite curry.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?