1 clove garlic
2 x15ml spoons curry paste
2 x15ml spoons tomato puree
200g chickpeas, canned (drained)
1 can coconut milk
1 x 15ml spoon oil
Chopping board, sharp knife, weighing scales, saucepan, garlic press, wooden spoon, measuring jug, measuring spoons, colander, can opener.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and crush the garlic using a garlic press.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and tomato puree.
- Add the chickpeas and coconut milk.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice and/or naan bread.
- Use 400ml water and 1 vegetable stock cube instead of coconut milk.
- Add other vegetables and pulses to the curry, e.g. courgettes, peas, red kidney beans.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?