1 clove garlic
1 x 5ml spoon oil
2 x 15ml spoons curry paste
1 large potato
400g can chopped tomatoes
410g chickpeas, canned
3 handfuls of fresh spinach
Knife, chopping board, garlic press, frying pan, measuring spoons, measuring jug, wooden spoon, can opener.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and slice the onion;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- peel and cube the potatoes.
- drain the chickpeas
2. Fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes in the oil.
3. Stir in the curry paste, potatoes and water.
4. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas, then allow to simmer for 20 minutes, until the potato is tender.
5. Stir in the fresh spinach, and allow to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice, naan bread and a side salad.
- Replace the tomatoes with thinly sliced courgettes, peppers or okra.
- Batch cook – freeze portions for a rainy (busy) day.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?