2 Spring onions
50g cheese, e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire
Fresh coriander or chives
80g sweetcorn (canned or frozen)
Chopping board, knife, grater, mixing bowl, fork, measuring jug, silicone muffin cases or non-stick muffin tin, oven gloves.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
- top, tail and slice the spring onions;
- grate the cheese;
- chop the fresh herbs.
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork.
4. Add the milk to the bowl and mix well.
5. Stir in the cheese, fresh herbs and black pepper.
6. Spray the muffin cases or muffin tin lightly with oil.
7. Divide the vegetables equally between the 6 cases.
8. Pour over the egg, milk and cheese mixture.
9. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the egg is cooked.
- Use a different type of cheese such as red Leicester, Stilton, or feta.
- Add chopped red, yellow and green peppers, sliced mushrooms, fresh spinach (wilted first) or chopped beetroot.
- Add sliced cooked new potatoes.
- Add chopped cooked meat, chicken or fish.
- Try a variety of fresh or dried herbs and spices.
- For something different, line the muffin tin with slices of ham or cooked chicken and then add the filling. Cook in the same way.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?