450g lean minced beef
410g can red kidney beans
1 jar (500g approx.) chilli con carne sauce
150g tortilla chips
40g reduced fat Cheddar cheese
Saucepan, wooden spoon, can opener, colander, chopping board, grater, serving bowls.
1. Dry fry the minced beef for 4-6 minutes, until browned.
2. Drain the red kidney beans.
3. Add the red kidney beans and chilli con carne sauce.
4. Simmer for 6-8 minutes.
5. Place the tortilla chips in the serving bowls and pour the chilli mince over the top.
6. Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the mince.
• Why not try minced pork or lamb?
• Swap the red kidney beans for chickpeas next time.
• Try adding jalapeños, olives, lettuce, tomatoes and serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?