1 small onion
1 clove of garlic
1/2 red chilli
200g lamb mince
1 x 5ml spoon cumin
1 sprig of parsley, mint and coriander
Chopping boards, knife, fork, food processor, flour dredger, skewers.
- Peel the onion and cut in half.
- Peel the garlic.
- Cut off the top of the chilli and remove the seeds.
- Put the onion, chilli and garlic into the food processor and blitz.
- Add the mince, cumin and herbs and blitz together.
- Sprinkle a little flour onto a chopping board, then divide and shape the mixture into 8 balls.
- Thread the meat balls onto the skewers. Thoroughly wash and dry your hands after touching the raw meat.
- Carefully place the skewers onto a grill pan.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. (The meat balls should be thoroughly cooked – no pink.).
- Serve in a pitta with salad.
- If you don’t have a food processor, prepare the onion, chilli and garlic by hand. Mix everything together in a mixing bowl.
- If you are using wooden skewers soak them in water before using them so they don’t burn under the grill.
- Try serving with low fat hummus or tzatziki.
- The grill pan gets hot so remember to use oven gloves.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?